Supply Dynamics’ OEM Insights
Drive results and make informed decisions with OEM Insights
Take a look at this week's roundup of the most current and compelling industry news, updates, and trends related to OEMs and anything that impacts them. Read on to discover the latest in:
- Industry News: Gartner Predicts—Circular Economies Will Replace Linear Economies in 10 Years
- Trade War: Is the EU Running Out of Patience with China’s Trade War Obsession?
- Metal Trends & Market Analysis: Base Metal Prices Supported by Better PMI Data in China
Gartner Predicts—Circular Economies Will Replace Linear Economies in 10 Years: As consumer and shareholder preferences shift toward sustainability, chief supply chain officers (CSCOs) must prepare for the transformation from a linear to a circular supply chain without waste. According to Gartner, Inc., by 2029, the circular economy will be the only economy, replacing wasteful linear economies. (Gartner)
- Brazilian Court Lifts Second Of Two Embargoes At Alunorte: Brazil’s federal court lifted the final embargo on the waste disposal unit at Alumina do Norte do Brasil S.A. (Alunorte) on Thursday (9/26), drawing to a close the 19-month production curtailment at the site and paving the way for the world’s most prolific alumina refinery to resume full production. (Aluminium Insider)
Trade War & Global Relations
- Is the EU Running Out of Patience with China’s Trade War Obsession?: The European Union is becoming increasingly frustrated at its inability to engage Beijing in economic and trade discussions due to the demands of the U.S.-China trade war, diplomatic observers say. The tariff dispute, which is nearing its 15th month, has already seen a dozen rounds of high-level talks between the protagonists and left Chinese officials too busy to meet their counterparts in Brussels. (South China Morning Post)
- Chinese Stocks Sag as Trade Fight Trumps Stronger Economic Data: Markets in China dipped Monday (9/30) despite encouraging manufacturing data and a couple of positive IPOs. Analysts said the Chinese economy is not out of the woods yet, and investors are still concerned about escalating U.S.-China trade tensions. (CNN Business)
Metal Trends & Market Analysis:
- Base Metal Prices Supported by Better PMI Data in China: Markets were surprisingly upbeat Monday morning (9/30) due to improvements in Chinese manufacturing purchasing managers’ index (PMI) data, offsetting reports that the White House is looking at the possibility of preventing Chinese companies from listing in the U.S., which will no doubt raise the rhetoric over trade talks. (Metal Bulletin)
- August 2019 Crude Steel Production: World crude steel production for the 64 countries reporting to the World Steel Association was 156.0 million tonnes in August 2019, a 3.4% increase compared to August 2018. (World Steel Association)
About Supply Dynamics
Supply Dynamics provides leading Fortune 500 manufacturers with real-time visibility and control over the “material-input” requirements (metals, plastics, electronics, etc.) of their extended supply chain. Our innovative solutions allow our customers to reduce the cost of raw materials and component parts that go into their products, enhance collaboration with supply chain stakeholders, and ensure that the timely purchase and supply of material-inputs is never the reason a part is late. To learn more, visit www.supplydynamics.com.