Supply Dynamics’ OEM Insights
Drive results and make informed decisions with OEM Insights
Take a look at this week's roundup of the most current and compelling industry news, updates, and trends related to OEMs and anything that impacts them. Read on to discover the latest in:
- Industry News: AI in Auto Manufacturing & 7 Mistakes to Avoid in Blockchain
- Trade War: Trade War Spurs Malaysian Manufacturing Investment Boom
- Metal Trends & Market Analysis: The Aerospace Supplier Health Report
- AI in Auto Manufacturing: According to the latest research from Capgemini, large automotive OEMs can boost their operating profits by up to 16% by deploying artificial intelligence at scale in their manufacturing. Industry Week looks at the best manufacturing-focused use cases that offer high benefits with low complexity. (Industry Week)
- Gartner Reveals 7 Mistakes to Avoid in Blockchain: In Gartner’s 2019 CIO Agenda Survey, only 11% of CIOs indicated they have deployed or are in short-term planning with blockchain. To help organizations successfully conduct a blockchain project, Gartner has identified the seven most common mistakes in blockchain projects and how to avoid them. (Gartner)
- Interested in More Resources on Blockchain for the Manufacturing Industry? Check out our Whitepaper on Blockchain where you'll discover 5 ways blockchain can improve supply chain visibility and 6 variables that could hinder its adoption.
- Trade War Spurs Malaysian Manufacturing Investment Boom: With foreign direct investments surging 1,360% to $2 billion in the first quarter from a year ago, more than for the entire 2018, the Malaysian state of Penang is winning from global investors’ search for safe havens amid U.S.-China trade tensions. (Industry Week)
- U.S. Launches Public Hearings on Additional China Tariffs This Week: On Monday (6/17), The U.S. Trade Representative’s Office kicked off seven days of testimony from U.S. retailers, manufacturers and other businesses regarding President Trump’s plan to hit another $300 billion worth of Chinese goods with tariffs. This timeline means Trump would not be able to trigger the fresh wave of tariffs until after July 2, when a seven-day final rebuttal comment period ends. (Reuters)
Metal Trends and Market Analysis
- The Aerospace Supplier Health Report (from LONGBOW Research): The data points and channel feedback collected from a quarterly survey of aerospace suppliers is pointing to a healthy double-digit sales growth environment and generally upbeat expectations for the rest of 2019. However, within an undercurrent of bullishness, we are starting to lose visibility into the 737Max supply chain, with 15% of suppliers now expressing some doubt about near-term order sustainability. Access LONGBOW's Key Takeaways here.
LME base metals prices buoyed ahead of FOMC meeting: Base metals traded on the London Metal Exchange were broadly up this morning (6/18), taking their cue from the Dow Jones Index which edged higher overnight in anticipation of the US Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting which gets underway today. (Metal Bulletin)
About Supply Dynamics:
Supply Dynamics provides dozens of Fortune 500 manufacturers with real-time visibility and control over the material requirements of their extended supply chain. Our innovative supply chain analytics solutions allow our customers to improve efficiency and predictability and to reduce the cost of raw materials and component parts that go into their products. To learn more, visit www.supplydynamics.com.