Get the latest economic and market news with Market Insight from Supply Dynamics. In this month's issue, you'll discover:
- U.S. Economy: Hiring was weak in May as employers added just 75,000 jobs—a far cry from the 178,000 job gains economists expected—bolstering the Federal Reserve’s case for cutting interest rates as soon as this month.
- Key Economic Indicators: Adjusted year-to-date production through June 1 for domestic raw steel was 41,235,000 net tons, at a capability utilization rate of 81.6%. That is up 6.2% from the 38,842,000 net tons during the same period last year when the capability utilization rate was 76.6%.
- Industry News: Congress is hoping to bolster U.S. Advanced Manufacturing with a bi-partisan bill that would expand a national network of linked manufacturing institutes—each with a unique technological focus—designed to accelerate U.S. advanced manufacturing.
- Trade News and Updates: Trump drops his Mexico tariff threat. After reaching an immigration enforcement deal, President Trump said tariffs on Mexican goods are "indefinitely suspended."
- Additional Insights for June 10-14: Nickel Surges on Electric-Vehicle Hopes, prices have risen 9.1% so far this year to $11,666 a metric ton, and as trade tensions continue, Beijing's threat to choke off its rare earth supply is proving to be a low-grade weapon in the trade fight.
About Supply Dynamics:
Supply Dynamics provides dozens of Fortune 500 manufacturers with real-time visibility and control over the material requirements of their extended supply chain. Our innovative supply chain analytics solutions allow our customers to improve efficiency and predictability and to reduce the cost of raw materials and component parts that go into their products. To learn more, visit www.supplydynamics.com.