Get the latest economic and market news with Market Insight from Supply Dynamics. In this month's issue, you'll discover:
- A positive trend in U.S. jobs emerges despite looming trade issues. An upsurge of 312,000 jobs occurred in December – 128,000 more than anticipated, 32,000 jobs in manufacturing alone.
- A NAM survey reports that 92.4% of manufacturers have a positive outlook for their companies moving into 2019, despite facing on-going challenges in workforce and increased raw material costs.
- The outlook for the aerospace market is remaining positive as manufacturers ramp up build-rates to address increasing demand and production back-log.
- EPI experts suggest that Section 232 tariffs have helped the aluminum industry as a whole and reignited investment in U.S. aluminum production. It is predicted that thousands of jobs and billions of dollars will be allocated to the U.S. aluminum industry in years to come.
- U.S. government officials will travel to China this month to hold trade talks in hopes of cooling trade tensions between the two countries. In the interim, Beijing has announced a third round of tariff cuts and President Trump has agreed to delay tariff increases until after negotiations are finished.
Published on January 21, 2019